Tuesday 17 December 2013

Be sure to not get hacked!

Recently I came across a website that wa slinking to one of my website in there blogroll however for some reason the site was hacked I presume because of a bad plugin or theme as they were using wordpress and there are hundreds of bad plugins and theme for wordpress that are free but will hack your website anyway... I thought I should investigate after all I was getting hundreds of these hidden spammy pill pages now pointing to my website... so from a legit blogroll link that was relevant and was all of a sudden getting hundreds of spammy pill links because I was in the blogrolll. Anyway I used whois and contacted the webmaster of the website to tell them about their site being hacked. THe webmaster was very thank ful about me telling them as they had no idea so hopefully now they will get rid of all of those spammy pages and I get back a good blogroll link from a relevant site. Being hacked can cause hundreds of hidden pages to be created and then even more spammy links pointing to them which sia sure fire way of getting penalized by the search engines.. quite ironic that the hacker try to do seo from this.. but then again these black hat morons use this technique to create hundreds of churn and burn website and it really doesn't matter to them if they get penalized or not because they can quickly put another churn and burn website in there place you see! I know anyway That i will be extremely careful uploading anything onto my website from now on as I really dont want to be the one being hacked.... This is a useful quick guide if you think your site has been hacked. If you website is hacked be sure to fix it as soon as possible and fresh install whatever content management system you are using so it doesn't come back.. that my advise. Oh yeah and another thing is that if the hidden spam pages have 404 the spam links pointing to them shouldn't hurt your sites rankings either.. because of the 404's well that is what google says anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment